Tuesday, January 26, 2010

got me a bonzer

So I lived with Evan Elder for almost a year and he has a nice quiver of Bonzers shaped by Malcom Campbell. I was lucky enough to ride a few of the them - I fell in love with his 6'3" round pin Russ Short. After thinking about it for way too long, I decided I wanted to shape one for myself. I saw it as a great opportunity to learn.
I talked with my friend Jacob, and he said his Dad (Malcom) would help me out with any questions. I met with Malcom to go over dimensions and measurements and the various specifics ( i.e. fin placement, rails, rocker, hard edge, bottom contours). A few days past, and I finished shaping and painting this one; I got it back from the glass shop 2 weeks ago.
It's 6'9" x 19 3/4" x 2 3/4"...and now I have a board to ride in bigger surf.
Thanks again to Jacob and Malcom Campbell.



No comments:

Post a Comment